Posted to user@ant.apache.org by JWM <te...@malcolms.com> on 2006/12/20 17:04:50 UTC

FTP "Depends" option for size as well as date?

I use the FTP task extensively with the 'depends' option to keep all of the
files on my server in sync with my local copy.  The problem is that I
tranfer many huge files (audio/video) and periodically, an FTP will die in
the middle of a transfer.

The problem is that even if only two bytes of 100M file got transferred, the
target file gets the current date.  The next time I do a transfer, that file
is 'current', at least according to the date, and will never be re-uploaded.

Is there any type of ftp ant task that will also compare sizes of the file
as well as time/date stamp to determine if the file needs to be transferred?