Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sivaprasad <si...@echidnainc.com> on 2011/01/20 18:23:40 UTC

Search for social networking sites

Hi,
I am building a social networking site.For searching profiles, i am trying
to implement solr.
But here i am facing a problem.As a social networking site, the data base is
going to get more updates/inserts frequently.That means,the search is going
to be in real time.How can we achieve this using search servers rather than
pure database search?

Any ideas are helpful.

Regards,
Siva

Re: Search for social networking sites

Posted by stockii <st...@googlemail.com>.
why should i use Solandra instead of NRT only with Solr and own
configurations !?

-----
------------------------------- System

Re: Search for social networking sites

Posted by Em <ma...@yahoo.de>.
Peter,

thanks for sharing.
It sounds interesting. However: What are the downsides of this combo?

Regards

Posted by Peter Karich <pe...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Espen Amble Kolstad <es...@trank.no>.