Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net> on 2002/06/07 00:01:25 UTC

make install fails for neon 0.21.1 when using different dir

Hey:

make install failed for neon when I was doing a parallel dir build.
It bails installing the docs. I cheated and copied the docs directory
from working copy dir into my parallel obj dir.

How's that supposed to work?

Is it supposed to install from the obj or the working copy dir?

gat

Re: make install fails for neon 0.21.1 when using different dir

Posted by "Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net>.

> It is a known bug in Neon's VPATH support. Joe has already fixed it, but it
> is not yet part of a release:
>
>   http://cvs.webdav.org/viewcvs/neon/Makefile.in.diff?r1=1.56&r2=1.57

thanks,

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 08:01:25PM -0400, Glenn A. Thompson wrote:
> Hey:
>
> make install failed for neon when I was doing a parallel dir build.
> It bails installing the docs. I cheated and copied the docs directory
> from working copy dir into my parallel obj dir.
>
> How's that supposed to work?
>
> Is it supposed to install from the obj or the working copy dir?

It is a known bug in Neon's VPATH support. Joe has already fixed it, but it
is not yet part of a release:

  http://cvs.webdav.org/viewcvs/neon/Makefile.in.diff?r1=1.56&r2=1.57

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: make install fails for neon 0.21.1 when using different dir

Posted by "Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net>.

Hey

> Ask the neon list.  It appears to be a neon... "feature" :)  The
> tarball comes with the docs already built, but it doesn't support
> installing them from a parallel build dir.

OK

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
"Glenn A. Thompson" <gt...@cdr.net> writes:

> make install failed for neon when I was doing a parallel dir build.
> It bails installing the docs. I cheated and copied the docs directory
> from working copy dir into my parallel obj dir.
>
> How's that supposed to work?
>
> Is it supposed to install from the obj or the working copy dir?

Ask the neon list.  It appears to be a neon... "feature" :)  The
tarball comes with the docs already built, but it doesn't support
installing them from a parallel build dir.

I don't know if a subversion tarball works with a parallel build
either.  I use a separate build dir for non-tarball Subversion, but I
use already installed versions of apr, apr-util, db and neon.

--
Philip