Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Los Morales <mo...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/26 08:27:29 UTC

Does maven have something like ant calls?

Hi,

I'm new to maven and would like to know if there is a way of creating one
main project.xml that calls other project.xml files to do the work.  For
example, suppose I have 3 projects set up--P1, P2 and P3.  P1 is designated
as the main project file.  Running P1 initializes itself, calls P2 to do its
thing which includes jarring itself into the local repository, and finally
calls P3 to do its thing which depends on P2's jar to complete.  I've looked
at the pom inheritance but its more of inheriting the "super" pom's
properties rather than delegating calls to "sub" poms.  The only other way I
can think is to create a maven.xml file which embodies ant calls to do the
job.  I'm not sure how this would work though since I do not see any ant
tasks specifiic in invoking maven "tasks".  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

-los

Re: Does maven have something like ant calls?

Posted by Marco Tedone <mt...@jemos.org>.
You may want to see at the reactor and/or the multiproject plugin. With
Maven, you can define subprojects (each subproject is defined by a
project.xml), although a very high granularity (i.e. a project per package)
is descouraged.

Maven is also considered as a "wrapper" around Ant. All you need to do when
you want to use Ant, is to define something like that in your maven.xml
file:

<ant:copy todir="..">
<ant:delete>
..