Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Boneless1213 <bo...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/01 00:12:27 UTC

Re: Another back button issue - question on answer given in another thread

James Carman wrote:

> So, whatever happened with this issue?  I'm just curious.

I started to use BookmarkablePageLink's so that the html stored the location
of the link instead of the program, that didn't make the back button work
though(Unless I clicked on of those links, they always work now). And then I
removed a lot of field level data from my objects and tried to keep as much
memory local as I could. I was able to do this and get the back button to
work 3 but on the 4th it still gave me the same error.  forgot to mention
but I also changed the display of my contents into an IPageableListView

People besides me probably know a lot more about what is truly happening,
but it seems that Wicket is storing a certain amount of back button data and
I was running out. And now I'm still running out(If I bring down the list
that I store in the list view it allows many more back button pushes).

I changed to the ListView hoping that it would store the data once for the
list view and then as I navigate forward and backward through the list view
it would go off that one piece of data. instead it seems to be saving it all
for each navigation, otherwise I wouldn't get more back button usage out of
a smaller list.

So if anyone in the future reads this and wants to know what worked in my
particular case. I think cutting down on field level variables is what
worked.(Would putting transient in front of the variables you don't need to
store work?).