Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by co...@compuserve.de on 2006/11/21 15:22:10 UTC

Can we create different log files using the logging module?

Dear all,

I would like to log inputs from different users/ clients. Is it possible
save those data in different files using the tomcat Log module?

If yes, could you please give me some hints?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Gop

RE: Can we create different log files using the logging module?

Posted by Tim Lucia <ti...@yahoo.com>.
I have added a filter to my application, which pushed the NDC (Nested Debug
Context) which includes the username, remote IP, and other information about
the user.  Then %x will display this in the log file.  Of course you become
explicitly dependent on log4j if you do this.

I'm not aware of a completely generic mechanism to distribute log files on a
per-client basis.

Tim