Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de> on 2018/02/02 09:06:37 UTC

[DISCUSS] Fulcrum Intake Release before Turbine 4.0.1?

Hi,

I like to prepare Turbine Core Release 4.0.1 in the next quarter, as it is
partially a bugfix release - this requires of course no SNAPSHOT
dependencies.

Fulcrum Security is just released, but not yet Intake. Intake would be
just a bugfix release - or not? Then who may trigger the voting process?
Jeff?

Another point is, that TC 4.0.1 may be the "guarding" block before
applying more non consolidating changes makes any sense, we should
consider the implications as well.

We may update the trunk to Java 8 (and update minor/major version number -
we may also create a branch for 4.0.x).

Best regards, Georg

Re: Antwort: Re: [DISCUSS] Fulcrum Intake Release before Turbine 4.0.1?

Posted by Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>.
Hi guys,

If Thomas is happy with the last patch I submitted for Intake, I don't
have anything more to contribute at the moment to stop us from doing
some point releases. I am running with all the SNAPSHOTs for my users
the past week or so and no complaints so far :-) The parallel deployment
option is again working for me, so I am happy.

I know that the Turbine quarterly report is due soon (2 days?). Let me
know if there is anything else I can do to help.

--
Jeff

Posted by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>.
Hi Thomas,