Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Julian Bruno <ju...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/19 23:03:18 UTC

[INPUT] Beam Mascot Design Progress Updates

Hi Everyone,

As you know, I am the designer in charge of the mascot for Apache Beam.

I am looking forward to sharing with you the progress and next steps to
follow:

Last week we started a vote to get input from the community to continue
moving forward with the design. Today we have the results and by the
majority of votes the most chosen design is:

Preferences:

Simple design (to make it easy to edit)

Flat colors

Heavy lines

Shadows

Glowing wings (to avoid flatness)

Trail of light for a tail

Sideway view ¾ (for printing)

In addition, some of you proposed ideas and possible combinations, which
serve to define the mascot.

Questions:

Can prints have shadows and animation gradient?

Yes, they can.

What if we stretched the current Beam logo into the wings?

I could try to see how this could work.

Next Steps:

Iterating on the design based on the majority vote

Sharing updates as needed

I wanted to clarify one more thing.  The delivery of the files will be in
two file formats, rasterized (JPG / PNG) and vectorial (SVG / Ai.).  The
former is not editable. The latter is editable and will be presented in
layers. Each layer will incorporate each element of the body separately and
be named accordingly to what it represents, eg.,  Layer 1: Arm Front, Layer
2: Arm Back, etc. Please note that you need a program, like Adobe
Illustrator, BoxySVG, Vecteezy, Vectr., to be able to edit vectors.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Your questions and concerns are important to my work, so if you have any,
feel free to reach out!

Cheers,

--
Julian Bruno // Visual Artist & Graphic Designer
 (510) 367-0551 / SF Bay Area, CA

ᐧ

Re: [INPUT] Beam Mascot Design Progress Updates

Posted by Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy <ai...@apache.org>.
Thank you Julian for updates! Can't wait for the 2nd iteration!