Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by ioffe <bo...@us.icap.com> on 2007/09/28 23:31:09 UTC

No inline metadata reader available for version ...

Our xindice 1.1b4 db just stopped functioning this morning. I tried to figure
out the problem myself, but Xindice project is complex.

Here is the stacktrace with embedded style use.

org.apache.xindice.core.meta.inline.InlineMetaException: No inline metadata
reader available for version 32

org.apache.xindice.core.meta.inline.InlineMetaService.readDatabaseEntry(InlineMetaService.java:134)
	org.apache.xindice.core.Collection.getEntry(Collection.java:729)
	org.apache.xindice.core.Collection.getDocument(Collection.java:570)
	org.apache.xindice.server.UglyBrowser.getDetailView(UglyBrowser.java:187)
	org.apache.xindice.server.UglyBrowser.doGet(UglyBrowser.java:82)
	org.apache.xindice.server.XindiceServlet.doGet(XindiceServlet.java:84)

Please, please, please help. I need to figure out what does it mean or at
least how to retrieve the xml content this tbl? If the content is gone then
I am majorly screwed (since it wasn't backuped). In the collection  I have
to files(xsd and xml). xsd file is perfectly accessable, but xml file can
not be read anymore.

Re: No inline metadata reader available for version ...

Posted by Natalia Shilenkova <ns...@gmail.com>.
On 9/29/07, ioffe <bo...@us.icap.com> wrote:
> Thank you Natalia for your prompt reply. Well, I found the way out, by
> reading .tbl file in a text editor and figured out certain patterns.
> Afterwards a little python script did the wonders.I extracted my data
> successfully  To the contrary of what manual says, the file is somewhat
> readable. whew. I realized that I need to backup tbl religiously.

I am glad you were able to fix the problem.  I would recommend you to
upgrade to Xindice 1.1 anyway, it has many bug fixes and more stable.

> Thanks again (Bolshoe spasibo)

You're welcome :)

Natalia

Re: No inline metadata reader available for version ...

Posted by ioffe <bo...@us.icap.com>.
Thank you Natalia for your prompt reply. Well, I found the way out, by
reading .tbl file in a text editor and figured out certain patterns.
Afterwards a little python script did the wonders.I extracted my data
successfully  To the contrary of what manual says, the file is somewhat
readable. whew. I realized that I need to backup tbl religiously.

Thanks again (Bolshoe spasibo)

-Boris

Posted by Natalia Shilenkova <ns...@gmail.com>.