Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Diego Lluna <dl...@ictonline.es> on 2002/07/02 11:44:42 UTC

xsp - problem using simple.xsp in a different workspace

hi,

i've copied, textual, the simple.xsp example file provided
in cocoon 2.0.1 into a different workspace, for trial.

this workspace processes requests fine (xml, jsp, js, xsl...)
but shows this error when requesting the simple.xsp file:

""The org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap notifies that org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException says:

markup-languages: ComponentSelector could not access the Component for hint: xsp

More precisely:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: markup-languages: ComponentSelector could not access the Component for hint: xsp: org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: markup-languages: ComponentSelector could not access the Component for hint: xsp

extra info
original message java.lang.Exception: Could not create enough Components to service your request. ""

Besides, when i start apache 4.0.3, i get this error in the command line:

""

Apache Tomcat/4.0.3
Sitemap location = sitemap.xmap
Server 1.6 is running
Press [Ctrol]+[C] to abort
Server.run/init: java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(NativeMethod)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.run(ServerImpl.java:147)
Sitemap location = sitemap.xmap
Checking sitemap reload =true
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.3
""

could it be that these two problems are related?
(i have two application directories hanging from <WEBAPPS>,
one of them is the original cocoon, the other is a test one)

thanks in advance,
Diego

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@kompuart.pl>.
> Besides, when i start apache 4.0.3, i get this error in the command line:
>
> ""
>
> Apache Tomcat/4.0.3
> Sitemap location = sitemap.xmap
> Server 1.6 is running
> Press [Ctrol]+[C] to abort
> Server.run/init: java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
> java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
> 	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(NativeMethod)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.run(ServerImpl.java:147)
> Sitemap location = sitemap.xmap
> Checking sitemap reload =true
> Starting service Tomcat-Apache
> Apache Tomcat/4.0.3
> ""
I'm not sure about the first problems but the second issue indicates you have
more that one cocoon instance in your tomcat/webapps directory - tomcat tries
to run both so the second hsqldb server running on the same port causes an
error
	ouzo
--
            __
        \_\\  //_/      ouzo@vip.net.pl          _\\()//_

RE: xsp - problem using simple.xsp in a different workspace

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Diego Lluna [mailto:dlluna@ictonline.es]
>
> hi,
>
> i've copied, textual, the simple.xsp example file provided
> in cocoon 2.0.1 into a different workspace, for trial.
>
> this workspace processes requests fine (xml, jsp, js, xsl...)

(xsp ?)

> but shows this error when requesting the simple.xsp file:
>
> ""The org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap notifies that
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException says:
>
> markup-languages: ComponentSelector could not access the Component for
hint:
> xsp

Looks like you don't have xsp language definition in the cocoon.xconf.

> Besides, when i start apache 4.0.3, i get this error in the command
line:

Apache 4.0.3? May be Tomcat 4.0.3? In any case, upgrade to 4.0.4 is
highly advised.

Vadim