Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Richey, Ross" <ri...@arup-lab.com> on 2000/12/20 18:55:47 UTC

Error with using certain methods

We have a whole bunch of code which was developed using VisualAge on Windows
NT.  Now we are attempting to move these pages to a server running RedHat
Linux 7.0, Tomcat 3.1.1, Sun Java 2 SDK 1.3, Apache 1.3.14 + mod_ssl.  The
following code segment illustrates code that works fine under VisualAge, but
fails under Tomcat.  When this JSP to JSP code is called it returns a 404
page not found error which seems to indicate a problem with the forward
method.  Is this a known-problem and if so what is the best work-around.

	}
	else
	if (req.getParameter("btnJSPToJSP") != null) {
		//call using forward JSP
		rd = getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(sHTMLLocation
+ "Test2.jsp");
 		if (rd != null) rd.forward(req, res);
		else System.out.println("rd = null");
	}

Any help is appreciated.

Ross Richey
Webmaster www.aruplab.com
richeyrw@aruplab.com

RE: Error with using certain methods

Posted by David Rees <dr...@ebetinc.com>.
Error with using certain methodsMy guess is that sHTMLLocation is invalid.
When doing a forward, the sHTMLLocation should be an absolute URL relative
to the web app.
Can you verify that sHTMLLocation is a valid URL?

-Dave