Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> on 2003/09/10 03:11:36 UTC

very old dates

 From soapbuilders (and originally gotdotnet discussion boards).

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [soapbuilders] Digest Number 925
Date: 9 Sep 2003 13:24:35 -0000
From: soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com
To: soapbuilders@yahoogroups.com

Message: 1
    Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 13:36:58 -0000
    From: "rajpatelrebus" <ra...@rebusis.com>
Subject: Java Date Interoperability With .Net Web Services

Hi All,

Our .net web services may return null dates represented by
System.DateTime.MinValue (date 01/01/0001) What seems to be
happening is that when the SOAP Response is read and assigned to a
java date variable (java.util.date) it doesn't recognise it as the
valid date 01/01/0001 and so uses a default date (which is set to
today) This cause problems when posting data back.

I think this is due to it not being able to recognise dates before
the epoch.

I've found a DateTime class as defined by

import edu.harvard.hul.ois.mets.helper.DateTime

...that does seem to recognise the string in the SOAP message as a
valid date.

<Date1>0001-01-01T00:00:00.0000000-00:00</Date1>

I was wondering how/if you can re-define the mappings so that when
you generate the java client proxy from the WSDL file, you can say
map xsd:DateTime to import edu.harvard.hul.ois.mets.helper.DateTime
instead of java.util.date.

Does this sound line a resolution that would solve my problem? Are
there any better ways to resolve this?

All comments, ideas greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Raj

Message: 2
    Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:39:34 -0000