Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/05 15:10:52 UTC

customEditorConfigurer in cxf-extension-soap.xml being used?

Hello, it could be that I'm not reading the Spring bean wiring code
correctly, but AFAICT the "org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.
customEditorConfigurer" bean defined at the bottom of [1] is not being
used/activated anywhere.  Does anyone know this bean's purpose/whether it is
actually being used today?

Thanks,
Glen

[1] http://tinyurl.com/4zwpse

Re: customEditorConfigurer in cxf-extension-soap.xml being used?

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I had debugged through the Spring setup code recently and I remember
having seen a customEditorConfigurer. But I do not know if it had a
special purpose.

Greetings

Christian

--

Christian Schneider
---

Re: customEditorConfigurer in cxf-extension-soap.xml being used?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Sunday 05 October 2008, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Hello, it could be that I'm not reading the Spring bean wiring code
> correctly, but AFAICT the "org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.
> customEditorConfigurer" bean defined at the bottom of [1] is not being
> used/activated anywhere.  Does anyone know this bean's purpose/whether
> it is actually being used today?
>
> Thanks,
> Glen
>
> [1] http://tinyurl.com/4zwpse

It IS used, but it didn't work correctly in < 2.0.8/2.1.2.

If you look in:
rt/frontend/jaxws/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxws/spring/clients.xml
you see something like:
  <jaxws:client id="inlineSoapBinding"
    serviceClass="org.apache.hello_world_soap_http.Greeter"
    address="http://localhost:9000/foo"
    serviceName="s:SOAPService"
    xmlns:s="http://apache.org/hello_world_soap_http">
    <jaxws:binding>
      <soap:soapBinding mtomEnabled="true" version="1.2"/>
    </jaxws:binding>
  </jaxws:client>

The customEditorConfigurer thing converts the version="1.2" part of that
into a SoapVersion object that is needed for the soap binding object.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org