Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "TSANG, Brilly" <br...@hk.daiwacm.com> on 2018/06/08 03:15:28 UTC

Fail to clean kafka stream state directory due to NFS silly rename

Hi all,

Is anyone having issue with the NFS silly rename for the kafka stream state?

Seems like most of the issue in jira are resolved since 0.10 but I'm currently using 1.0.0 and still having issue. (KAFKA-4392, KAFKA-5070)

06:17:42,741 ERROR 31 [StateDirectory] stream-thread,  Failed to lock the state directory due to an unexpected exception
java.nio.file.FileSystemException: /opt/kafkadata/kafkaStreams/benchmark /0_4/.nfs00000000003a871f0000607e: Device or resource busy
        at sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:91) ~[?:1.8.0_40]

Regards,
Brilly

________________________________

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachment(s) are intended solely for the person(s) named above, and are or may contain information of a proprietary or confidential nature. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you should delete this message immediately. Any use, disclosure or distribution of this message without our prior consent is strictly prohibited.
This message may be subject to errors, incomplete or late delivery, interruption, interception, modification, or may contain viruses. Neither Daiwa Capital Markets Hong Kong Limited, its subsidiaries, affiliates nor their officers or employees represent or warrant the accuracy or completeness, nor accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any use of or reliance upon, this email or any of the contents hereof. The contents of this message are for information purposes only, and subject to change without notice.
This message is not and is not intended to be an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any securities or financial products, nor does any recommendation, opinion or advice necessarily reflect those of Daiwa Capital Markets Hong Kong Limited, its subsidiaries or affiliates.

RE: [External] Re: Fail to clean kafka stream state directory due to NFS silly rename

Posted by "Yi, Gene" <Ge...@sc.com>.
That sounds like NFS slow issue which I think should resolve by your network/storage team.

Could you create a new JIRA with the full stack trace and any additional
information that you can share on that ticket, so we can investigate
further?

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/our-locations. Please refer to https://www.sc.com/en/privacy-policy.html for Standard Chartered Bank’s Privacy Policy.

Re: Fail to clean kafka stream state directory due to NFS silly rename

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Brilly,

--
-- Guozhang