Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "J.Gustafsson" <jo...@diabol.se> on 2007/10/05 16:40:25 UTC

Webservice call failes when log4j level is set to DEBUG.

Hi,

I have encountered a very strange error . I have a SA made of
servicemix-http and servicemix-jsr181.

When I set my log4j root logger to level "DEBUG", everything works fine. If
I however set it to level "INFO", the applications starts looping in the the
method checkHasMoreChildReaders() of the class
org.codehaus.xfire.aegis.stax.ElementReader. This is due to the exchange
looks a little bit weird:

InOut[
  id: ID:192.168.170.140-1156f013ad4-2:1
  status: Active
  role: provider
  service: {http://XXX.com/trsService}TrsWebServicesImpl
  endpoint: TrsWebServicesImplJBIPort
  operation: {http://client.webservice.trs.XXX.com}exportTransactions
  in: Unable to display: java.util.EmptyStackException
]

It also works if I step through the code in the debugger.
I'm currently running ServiceMix 3.1.2. I have not had the same problem in
earlier versions I have used.

Any ideas?

regards,

Jonas Gustafsson

Re: Webservice call fais when log4j level is set to DEBUG.

Posted by "J.Gustafsson" <jo...@diabol.se>.
Hi,

I have now put together a SA which fails if the loglevel in ServiceMix (at
least the class org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.seda.SedaQueue as
mentioned before) is other then DEBUG.
I also provided a simple Testcase (TestWebServicesIntegration.java) making a
webservice call.

The SA is build by the provided pom-file and sources. I was unable to
distribute the runnable SA, due to its size.

regards,

/jonas

http://www.nabble.com/file/p13117135/Webservice-test.zip Webservice-test.zip

Re: Webservice call failes when log4j level is set to DEBUG.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Jonas,

Posted by "J.Gustafsson" <jo...@diabol.se>.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. As my first mail mentioned, I got the problem in
3.1.2. I also got it in version 3.1.1-incubating, but I did NOT get it in
3.1-incubating.
Thus 3.1.2 and 3.1.1-incubating fails, 3.1-incubating does not.
I’m currently trying to provide you with some more information about my SA.

regards,

/jonas

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
ServiceMix 3.1.2 has been released a few weeks ago.  Maybe you should try
with this one ?

On 10/8/07, J.Gustafsson <jo...@diabol.se> wrote:

> J.Gustafsson wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have encountered a very strange error . I have a SA made of
> > servicemix-http and servicemix-jsr181.
> >
> > When I set my log4j root logger to level "DEBUG", everything works fine.
> > If I however set it to level "INFO", the applications starts looping in
> > the the method checkHasMoreChildReaders() of the class
> > org.codehaus.xfire.aegis.stax.ElementReader. This is due to the exchange
> > looks a little bit weird:
> >
> > InOut[
> >   id: ID:192.168.170.140-1156f013ad4-2:1
> >   status: Active
> >   role: provider
> >   service: {http://XXX.com/trsService}TrsWebServicesImpl
> >   endpoint: TrsWebServicesImplJBIPort
> >   operation: {http://client.webservice.trs.XXX.com}exportTransactions
> >   in: Unable to display: java.util.EmptyStackException
> > ]
> >
> > It also works if I step through the code in the debugger.
> > I'm currently running ServiceMix 3.1.2. I have not had the same problem
> in
> > earlier versions I have used.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Jonas Gustafsson
> >

> Hi,
>
> I must correct myself. I have detected the same problem also in version
> 3.1.1-incubating but it works fine in 3.1-incubating.
>
> I have also come down to a minimum requirement of the amount of logging on
> DEBUG-level. It works as long as I set the logger of class
> org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.seda.SedaQueue to level DEBUG. A timing
> problem perhaps ???
>
> regards,
>
> /jonas

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Webservice call failes when log4j level is set to DEBUG.

Posted by "J.Gustafsson" <jo...@diabol.se>.