Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Matt Jennings <je...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/24 22:21:46 UTC

Hot Tub, an editor for CouchDB

Hi All

I wanted to let you know about a project I have been working on.  I call it Hot Tub, and it is a Qt based interface to CouchDB which allow for easy editing of documents through customizable templates.  It also includes the ability to drag and drop attachments for documents.

The immediate goal of this project is to be an administrative type tool for easy editing of CouchDB documents, but in the future I hope to expand it to general use.

The project is here:
https://github.com/jennmat/HotTub

Thanks in advance for any feedback you have.
Matt Jennings

Re: Hot Tub, an editor for CouchDB

Posted by Kinley Dorji <ki...@gmail.com>.
Following up on my last suggestion, here's the graphic to go with it. :)

Posted by Kinley Dorji <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Jennings <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dale Harvey <da...@arandomurl.com>.
Thats an awesome list,

Mikeal started working on a futon replacement and Ben / Sam Brisbee
and I have picked it up again to get it suitable as a futon
replacement, most of the work has been done on the underlying
structure, but there are some new features which fix a few items on
your list, Ill detail them below

source is at https://github.com/BigBlueHat/couchdb on the sammy branch

coincidentally I have spent the last few days on an IDE for couchapps,
it doesnt overlap any of hot tub / futons stuff as it is purely aimed
towards couchapps, but its nicely related, I will post it to the list
in a few days when its more usable

Cheers
Dale

On 25 April 2011 13:16, Mark Hahn <ma...@boutiquing.com> wrote:
> Or CSV, either one.
>
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Mark Hahn <ma...@boutiquing.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, import/export functions would be nice.  At least CVS.
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 1:13 AM, Kinley Dorji <ki...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> @Mark, that's quite a bitch list you have there. :) I think if Matt
>>> gets anywhere close to fulfilling your list, Hot Tub is going to kick
>>> ass.
>>>
>>> To your list I'd wish for front-end gui support for the kind of
>>> functionality provided by couchdbkit, particularly in areas that
>>> provide an easy to use bulk data entry or data import. This kind of
>>> support would make it a lot easier for new users to get off the mark.

>>> random

>>> management,
>>> bitch
>>> then

>>> positioned
>>> the
>>> data
>>> positioning.

I believe this is fixed in futon2, if it isnt it will be

>>> like
>>> nice.
>>> switching
>>> you

This is fixed with a tab interface in futon 2, there is also a
persistent list of databases so you can switch from anywhere to a
databases

>>> this
>>> could
>>> be
>>>  It

Added in futon2

>>> could
>>> by

>>> first
>>> nice.

>>> beginning.

Bit more of a core couch issue, it expires cookies very aggressively,
this can be changed in the config but I do think a more sensible
default would be better, this isnt a futon issue though (it will never
store your logins client side, only a token)

I think this is doubtful, different hosts have almost no way of
communicating to each other that they exist, if the bonjour type work
goes in then it would be an awesome addition to futon

>>> replication

Yeh the UI for replication really bugs me and will definitely be
improved in futon 2, sam added an autocomplete to the menu and there
is a few more additions I have in mind

Posted by Mark Hahn <ma...@boutiquing.com>.
Or CSV, either one.

--