Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tony Tahbaz <tt...@attbi.com> on 2003/03/14 04:44:09 UTC

Scaffold BaseForm and Validator

Hi All,
I'm wondering if there is a problem using ActionForms that extend the
Scaffold BaseForm with   the Commons Validator.  I tried running the
TypeForm example that comes with the Validator package, but instead changed
the extended class from ValidatorForm to BaseForm.  The example seems to
work fine when ValidatorForm is used but not so when BaseForm is used.  I've
read most of Ted Husted's book 'Struts In Action' (which is a great book
btw) and he states that you can use either ValidatorForm or BaseForm as a
base class when using the Validator.  Has anyone seen this or am I missing
something in the setup?  Thanks in advance.  btw, I'm using Struts 1.1-b3
with Tomcat 4.1.18