Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2012/05/11 09:40:59 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ServiceMix Specs 2.0.0 release

Hi all,

We solved 4 issues in this release:
SMX4-1126 	The SchemaFactoryFinder.createInstance method does not have
the correct access level
SMX4-1116 	ClassCastException in OsgiMailcapCommandMap
SMX4-1089 	saaj-api couldn't load configured javax.xml.soap.MetaFactory
from saaj-impl
SMX4-1009 	Allow locator to work without the delay when working outside
of OSGi

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-078/

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

This vote will be open for 72 hours.

Thanks
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache ServiceMix Specs 2.0.0 release

Posted by Ulhas Bhole <ap...@gmail.com>.
+1,

-- Ulhas Bhole

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Andreas,

agree.

Even if all the previous releases were like this one, it's not fully
compliant with Apache rules.

I will fix that.

The question is now:
1/ do we cancel this release due to that and I fix it just after to
resubmit a new release to your vote ?
2/ do we release this version and provide a source distro for the next
release ?

As it's an easy move, I would say 1/ (and I will take care of that this
afternoon).

Let wait other feedbacks.

Regards
JB

On 05/11/2012 01:18 PM, Andreas Pieber wrote:
> sorry guys, but I'm -1 (non-binding) for the following reason:
>
> According to [1] every Apache release is only about the source
> packages (if I interpret [1] correctly roughly a svn:export; more
> convenient rather using maven-assembly-plugin or something similar to
> reach the goal); while the binaries are only goodies which could be
> released optionally. Since the -source.jar packages produced by maven
> are not build-able (missing pom files e.g.) -->  I'm afraid they wont
> count as src releases.
>
> Please feel free to correct me if there's some special rule I've
> missed for such repackages as we do them here.
>
> BTW, except for that good work; I've checked out the tag, build it
> locally and it works pretty fine with Karaf :-)
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas
>
> [1] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#best-practice-source
>
> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Freeman Fang<fr...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> +1
>>
>> Freeman
>>
>> On 2012-5-11, at 下午3:40, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We solved 4 issues in this release:
>>> SMX4-1126       The SchemaFactoryFinder.createInstance method does not
>>> have the correct access level
>>> SMX4-1116       ClassCastException in OsgiMailcapCommandMap
>>> SMX4-1089       saaj-api couldn't load configured
>>> javax.xml.soap.MetaFactory from saaj-impl
>>> SMX4-1009       Allow locator to work without the delay when working
>>> outside of OSGi
>>>
>>> Staging repository:
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheservicemix-078/
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Regards

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

[CANCEL][VOTE] Apache ServiceMix Specs 2.0.0 release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi all,

After discussion with Andreas this morning, we found another issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SMX4-1137

Even if this issue is present since a long time, I consider it as
"severe" (especially for Javadoc generation, etc).

I cancel this ServiceMix Specs 2.0.0 release, make a whole check on the
specs modules and fix SMX4-1137.

I will resubmit a new release vote soon.

Sorry for that guys.

Regards
JB

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.