Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by ben <be...@tiscali.ch> on 2004/06/08 15:21:34 UTC

Username logging in Form-Based (Custom) authentication

Hi all,

Is there a module / or a development effort that allows to log form-based
authentication (field j_username) i.e. username in standard apache log
files?

Thanks!

Re: Username logging in Form-Based (Custom) authentication

Posted by Ivan Ristic <iv...@webkreator.com>.
> Is there a module / or a development effort that allows to log form-based
> authentication (field j_username) i.e. username in standard apache log
> files?

  Not to the standard log files, but close.

  With mod_security (http://www.modsecurity.org), you can log POST
  requests to a separate log file.

  I am toying with the idea to trick the server into logging POST data
  as a QUERY_STRING, but I'm not quite sure how that would work.
  If anyone cares to comment, I'd gladly listen.

  I also plan to include functionality to sanitize parameters
  selectively, to avoid having sensitive stuff (passwords, CC details)
  in the log.

--
ModSecurity (http://www.modsecurity.org)
[ Open source IDS for Web applications ]