Posted to general@portals.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2005/06/11 11:49:28 UTC

Jetspeed SVN commit messages and list moderation

I (and also Shinsuke) got a "failure notice" from apache mail demon as result of a jetspeed SVN
commit message which couldn't be delivered at general@portals.apache.org because we aren't subscribed
to this list with our apache account.

Besides the fact that I think the SVN commit messages shouldn't go to this list, it seems strange
that the same commit message is accepted by jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org to which I also didn't
subscribe with my apache account.

Are these lists configured differently? Furthermore, it seems these messages aren't moderated at
all or rejected automatically.

requires me to startup a ssh shell before I can send messages/replies. This is very awkward
especially when I'm not at home and only have (restricted) public/web-based mail access.

It would be nice if someone could:
- change the svn mailer configuration to NOT send to the general@portals.apache.org
- look into the list moderation configuration of general@portals.apache.org

Regards, Ate

Re: Jetspeed SVN commit messages and list moderation

Posted by Julie MacNaught <jm...@apache.org>.
You might want to send this to the infrastructure list.  You'll probably get more answers.

IMO, I like to see the commits going to the dev list for any project.

--
Julie MacNaught
IBM Research