Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/03 16:21:27 UTC

Solr Test Fixing Update

I've finished stage 1 and got my initial commits into master and 7x.

I focused on the most common fails I saw and went from not being able to
get a single ant test pass on any of my machines to being able to run ant
test multiple times across 3 of my machines. I found many, many issues,
some of them old many of them new. Not many paying attention to this stuff
it seems.

There is still a long tail of failures to deal with and there still is the
potential for regression all the time.

Stage 2 and perhaps 3 will start dealing with beasting and hardening every
test and ensuring tests stay solid.

--
- Mark

http://about.me/markrmiller