Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by jantje <ja...@skynet.be> on 2008/07/03 08:04:40 UTC

"checkout" without .svn directories

Hi there,

I want a complete representation of my project, a complete version to add on
a live cd. It's clear that there may not be subversion information in it.

I get a complete representation of my project, by:
        svn checkout file:///var/lib/svn/afstudeerwerk/trunk
/tmp/module/root/project

But it has .svn files in it! "svn help checkout" and browsing the manual and
tutorials hasn't solved the problem. Someone an idea?

Thanks..

Re: "checkout" without .svn directories

Posted by Philippe Andersson <pa...@iba-group.com>.
jantje wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I want a complete representation of my project,
a complete version to add on
> a live cd. It's clear that there may not be
subversion information in it.

> I get a complete representation of my
project, by:
>         svn checkout file:///var/lib/svn/afstudeerwerk/trunk

/tmp/module/root/project

> But it has .svn files in it! "svn help checkout"
and browsing the manual and
> tutorials hasn't solved the problem. Someone an
idea?

> Thanks..
"svn export" is what you're looking for.

HTH

Ph. A.

--
*Philippe Andersson*
Unix System Administrator

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are
intended solely for the recipient (s) named above. This communication is
intended to be and to remain confidential and may be protected by intellectual
property rights. Any use of the information contained herein (including but
not limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution
of any form) by persons other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Ion Beam Applications does
not accept liability for any such errors. Thank you for your cooperation.

RE: "checkout" without .svn directories

Posted by jantje <ja...@skynet.be>.
Ok, export works fine. Thanks!!!

Posted by "Roth, Pierre" <pi...@covidien.com>.

Posted by Jan Hendrik <li...@gmail.com>.
Concerning "checkout" without .svn directories
jantje wrote on 3 Jul 2008, 1:04, at least in part:

> Hi there,
>
> I want a complete representation of my project, a complete version to
> add on a live cd. It's clear that there may not be subversion
> information in it.

I think there is the "export" command, but I have not used it myself
so far.

Jan Hendrik
Freedom quote:

     Freedom of religion, freedom of the press, and freedom of person
     under the protection of the habeus corpus, these are principles
     that have guided our steps through an age of revolution and reformation.
               -- Thomas Jefferson