Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@adobe.com> on 2013/06/03 13:34:01 UTC

Re: Externalizing search

On 31.05.2013, at 17:03, sephiroth75 <ma...@tin.it> wrote:
> Just another question...theoretically, to obtain what I've described the
> only class I've to implement is QueryHandler, haven't I?

Not really, as mentioned, this is going to be quite some work if you want to replace it with your own implementation without breaking existing JCR client code relying on JCR queries. I say "replace" since you mention you want to avoid a second index, and existing client code compatibility since you mention this is for a "another sw on top of jackrabbit".

Just look at [0] for the curent Lucene implementation that is behind the SearchIndex class.

Just to warn you :-)

[0] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/query/lucene/

Cheers,
Alex