Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mail82amol <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/26 15:47:04 UTC

Failover issue in ActiveMQ

Hi ,

We have a cluster of two brokers with the below configuration.

Broker A
    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerName="broker-A" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data">

        <networkConnectors>
            <networkConnector uri="static://(tcp://brokerB-IP:7115)"
duplex="true"/>
        </networkConnectors>

        <transportConnectors>
             <transportConnector brokerName="broker-A"
uri="tcp://brokerA-IP:7115"/>
        </transportConnectors>

    </broker>

Broker B

    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerName="broker-B" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data">

        <networkConnectors>
            <networkConnector uri="static://(tcp://brokerA-IP:7115)"
duplex="true"/>
        </networkConnectors>

        <transportConnectors>
             <transportConnector brokerName="broker-B"
uri="tcp://brokerB-IP:7115"/>
        </transportConnectors>

    </broker>

Now the problem that we are facing is that when broker A has 10 messages and
has sent 7 messages to subscriber and at that point a failover occurs and
the remaining messages are recieved from broker B .

Now if the subscriber restarts and get connected to broker A it get those
three messages again from broker A which it has already recieved from broker
B after failover.

Please let us know if anyone has faced similar issue or is aware of the
solution.

Thanks,
Amol