Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Tom Bradford <br...@dbxmlgroup.com> on 2002/01/09 01:38:22 UTC

Re: Initial DB config was Re: APIExample.java not working in Xindice 1.0rc1 (DarkHorse)

Kimbro Staken wrote:
> In Xindice the database configuration was moved into the database and in
> the process the default collection configuration that is used by all the
> examples and documentation was eliminated. All the examples are now broken
> out of the box. Was this change intentional or is it a bug?

It was an oversight...  I forgot we even have examples :-)

We should probably add a task to the example build or execution scripts
to create the collections if needed.

--
Tom Bradford - http://www.tbradford.org
Developer - Apache Xindice (Native XML Database)

Re: Initial DB config was Re: APIExample.java not working in Xindice 1.0rc1 (DarkHorse)

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@dbxmlgroup.com>.
On Tuesday, January 8, 2002, at 05:38 PM, Tom Bradford wrote:

> It was an oversight...  I forgot we even have examples :-)

> We should probably add a task to the example build or execution scripts
> to create the collections if needed.

More likely a step or two should be added to the install doc to create the
/db/root collection again. It could be good too as it will give people an
early indication of whether the server is setup right or not.

> --
> Tom Bradford - http://www.tbradford.org
> Developer - Apache Xindice (Native XML Database)
> Creator - Project Labrador (XML Object Broker)

Kimbro Staken
XML Database Software, Consulting and Writing
http://www.xmldatabases.org/