Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com> on 2011/01/23 21:54:18 UTC

404 - s5 css not found

Hello all,

I was going to try out the s5 slides plugin, but it only returnes unstyled html. When I try to get the css directly, I get the following:

http://people.apache.org/~rgardler/testingGround/forrestPlugins/s5/sample/s5slides/ui/s5-core.css

Not Found

The requested URL /~rgardler/testingGround/forrestPlugins/s5/sample/s5slides/ui/s5-core.css was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8k Server at people.apache.org Port 80

The plugin page seems to work ok otherwise.

Would it be a good idea to move the plugin to the whiteboard, to make it easier for others to contribute?

Regards,
Sjur

Re: 404 - s5 css not found

Posted by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com>.
Den 24. jan. 2011 kl. 02.35 skrev David Crossley:

>> Would it be a good idea to move the plugin to the whiteboard, to make it easier for others to contribute?
>
> The reason for plugins being outside of our plugins area
> is either that the developer wants to maintain it
> by themself, or that there are licensing reasons.
>
> I reckon the latter. Might need to search the archives.

I did, and it seems you are right.

> Also i suggest to contact Ross as he might be interested
> in someone else taking over maintenance. Ferdinand also
> had a hand in developing this plugin.

I'll do in a while. I played around with it, and there were several errors for making it work somewhat with the current forrest code. Now it displays, but it is still quite awkward to work with from my point of view, and with several bugs still. What I would like to have is a way to use one of the supported wiki inputs and get it transformed automatically to slides. That is possible now, but in a very unnatural way: wiki bullets disappear, and you need to use nested wiki headings to get slide bullets, where the sub-headers become bullet points.

It might be easiest just to take Ross' code as a starting point, and rewrite/recreate most of the plugin into a new one that is closer to my need. Because of the license issue, I'll probably host it on our own server for the time being.

Regards,
Sjur

Re: 404 - s5 css not found

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was going to try out the s5 slides plugin, but it only returnes unstyled html. When I try to get the css directly, I get the following:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rgardler/testingGround/forrestPlugins/s5/sample/s5slides/ui/s5-core.css
>
> Not Found
>
> The requested URL /~rgardler/testingGround/forrestPlugins/s5/sample/s5slides/ui/s5-core.css was not found on this server.
>
> Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8k Server at people.apache.org Port 80
>
> The plugin page seems to work ok otherwise.
>
> Would it be a good idea to move the plugin to the whiteboard, to make it easier for others to contribute?

The reason for plugins being outside of our plugins area
is either that the developer wants to maintain it
by themself, or that there are licensing reasons.

I reckon the latter. Might need to search the archives.
Also i suggest to contact Ross as he might be interested
in someone else taking over maintenance. Ferdinand also
had a hand in developing this plugin.

-David

Re: 404 - s5 css not found

Posted by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com>.
Den 23. jan. 2011 kl. 22.54 skrev Sjur Moshagen:

> Hello all,
>
> I was going to try out the s5 slides plugin, but it only returnes unstyled html. When I try to get the css directly, I get the following:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rgardler/testingGround/forrestPlugins/s5/sample/s5slides/ui/s5-core.css

Also:

pretty.css
framing.css