Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by sp...@gmx.eu on 2008/02/22 19:24:21 UTC

Suffix search

Hi,

using WildcardQuery directly it is possible to search for suffixes like
"*foo".

The QueryParser throws an exception that this is not allowed in a
WildcardQuery.

Hm, now I'm confused ;)

How can I configure the QueryParser to allow a wildcard as first character?

Thank you

RE: Suffix search

Posted by sp...@gmx.eu.
> That will let you do it, be warned however there is most definitely a
> significant performance degradation associated with doing this.

Yes of course. Like in a relational database with a leading wildcard.

Re: Suffix search

Posted by Matthew Hall <mh...@informatics.jax.org>.
What you need is to set the allow leading wildcard flag.

qp.setAllowLeadingWildcard(true);

(where qp is a query parser instance)

That will let you do it, be warned however there is most definitely a
significant performance degradation associated with doing this.

Matt