Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mo <mo...@daoenix.com> on 2014/05/22 03:14:38 UTC

Proxy Console (RealhostIP Retired) Question

Hello:

I am attempting to find more information (read: step by step) how to
correct the issue that came to be when realhostip was retired.

The links I saw suggested I setup the following for every IP address in my
DNS Zone:

192-168-1-1.cloud.domain.tld        IN    A    192.168.1.1

I have done that for ALL my IPs. Restarted my named/bind service. Not only
am I not obtaining an A record with this configuration, but I am also still
unable to proceed in getting console access as it states it's unable to
resolve the DNS.

All my other DNS resolves without issue, please note; 192.x is just an IP
address I tossed in this e-mail for general purposes, I am utilizing public
subnets.

I have also purchased an SSL certificate went through all of that too, if
someone could point me in the right direction or perhaps offer ideas
(alternates) that would be fantastic.

Thanks,
Mo

Re: Proxy Console (RealhostIP Retired) Question

Posted by Eric Tykwinski <er...@truenet.com>.
Actually, I would second the step by step.  I haven't attempted to transfer to a *.domain.com yet, but would like to see a blog about it.
Citrix's example seems to be a bit lacking in details: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX133468

PS. I would also add how to use that same cert on the management server as well, as I suck at TomCat... ;o)

Sincerely,

Eric Tykwinski
TrueNet, Inc.
P: 610-429-8300
F: 610-429-3222

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
If the domain names aren't resolving, it would be easier to help you if you
revealed your actual zone data and provided some dig / dns captures.

Do other records for the same domain resolve, e.g. foo.cloud.domain.tld?

Erik Weber

Posted by Mo <mo...@daoenix.com>.
Alex,

Posted by Alex Hitchins <al...@alexhitchins.com>.
Hello Mo,

Posted by Amogh Vasekar <am...@citrix.com>.
Hi,
Does the DNS resolve from your local machine? Is the DNS publicly
resolvable, or is it local to your intranet?

Thanks,
Amogh

Posted by Amogh Vasekar <am...@citrix.com>.
Hi,