Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/24 08:11:06 UTC

PingRequestHandlerTest.testDisablingServer failing on windows

Is anyone else seeing lots of failures for
PingRequestHandlerTest.testDisablingServer?

I get something like this 1/3 of the time -- but it does not reproduce:

[junit4] Suite: org.apache.solr.handler.PingRequestHandlerTest
   [junit4]    > (@BeforeClass output)
   [junit4]   2> Creating dataDir:
C:\workspace\apache\lucene\solr\build\solr-core\test\S0\.\solrtest-PingRequestHandlerTest-1335247666854
   [junit4]   2>
   [junit4] ERROR   0.01s J0 | PingRequestHandlerTest.testDisablingServer
   [junit4]    > Throwable #1: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
Did not successfully delete healthcheck file:'server-enabled'
   [junit4]    >        at
__randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([723C280E7AA5FFEB:A0CDBCB39D7FAFA7]:0)
   [junit4]    >        at
org.apache.solr.handler.PingRequestHandler.handleEnable(PingRequestHandler.java:155)
   [junit4]    >        at
org.apache.solr.handler.PingRequestHandlerTest.testDisablingServer(PingRequestHandlerTest.java:101)
   [junit4]    >        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>snip<<
   [junit4]    >        at
com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.RandomizedRunner$2.run(RandomizedRunner.java:550)
   [junit4]    >
   [junit4]   2> NOTE: reproduce with: ant test
-Dtests.class=*.PingRequestHandlerTest
-Dtests.method=testDisablingServer -Dtests.seed=723C280E7AA5FFEB
-Dargs="-Dfile.encoding=Cp1252"

Re: PingRequestHandlerTest.testDisablingServer failing on windows

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
> I get something like this 1/3 of the time -- but it does not reproduce:

>   [junit4]    > Throwable #1: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
> Did not successfully delete healthcheck file:'server-enabled'

Looks like a file is open during an attempt to delete it? This could
be a suite dependency problem; with dynamic suite balancing suites can
get ordered differently on each run, depending on when they complete.
You can enforce static ordering of suites using:
-Dtests.dynamicAssignmentRatio=0 but this will not guarantee
suite-relative order if they are running in different JVMs (there is
no way to do that).

Dawid