Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/13 04:57:47 UTC

What's new in Kafka 0.8.1?

Hi guys,

I wrote up a quick blog post on the new stuff in 0.8.1:

http://blog.empathybox.com/post/79427855885/whats-new-in-kafka-0-8-1

This provides a little more human readable version of the release notes.
Let me know if I missed anything.

-Jay

Re: What's new in Kafka 0.8.1?

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.
Heh, it's not a bad link--you just need to run the docs on a local web
server like me. Doesn't everyone do that? :-)

Fixed it, thanks!

-Jay

Re: What's new in Kafka 0.8.1?

Posted by Roger Hoover <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Jay.  Great write up.

Re: What's new in Kafka 0.8.1?

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the writeup. In 0.8.1, we also significantly improved the
partition reassignment tool.

Jun

Re: What's new in Kafka 0.8.1?

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.