Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Joel Sherriff <jo...@6thsenseanalytics.com> on 2006/04/24 23:40:20 UTC

Help with plugin - is this possible?

I've read the api docs but there some things I don't understand and
would appreciate some clarification on...

I'd like to write a plugin that records the main phase invocations
(compile, install, test, package, deploy, etc), the time, the project
being operated on, and probably some more info I haven't thought of yet.
I'd really like to be able to make this plugin be invoked without having
to modify any particular project's pom - but by configuring it in the
system settings.xml or user's settings.xml.  Is that possible?  The idea
is to create a record of the build activities that maven is driving, but
without having to intrusively modify the projects being built.

Thanks in advance

Joel

Re: Help with plugin - is this possible?

Posted by Pete Marvin King <la...@gmail.com>.
Hello Joel,

           Why don't try checking the continuum project. It might
satisfy your requirements.

           check this url :
http://maven.apache.org/continuum/about.html#what-is-continuum

           If not, you can start by creating plugin that will store the
current project information
     and create a report according to your specification. You can then
bind it to a build lifecycle.
     I think a generic one would be great, that way you can bind it to
any build lifecycle. All
     of the project information can be accessed through the plugin - I
think they call them mojos.

          for more details check :
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html

          I'll try to read further maybe I can give you more details. =)
Hope this helps.

pete