Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net> on 2002/08/27 06:40:16 UTC

directive handler support

another big itch scratched.. first pass at directive handlers has been
checked in.  no doubt still needs work, optimizing and compat plan with
1.x.  i think it is possible for the module .pm to work with both 1.x and
2.x, just the Makefile.PL needs to change so Apache::ExtUtils::command_table
is only run for 1.x.  need help here and with testing more than the test
that is checked in.

i realized after several thoughts of it not being possible, 1.x directive
handlers could have also been implemented without generating a .xs, oh
well.

making this stuff thread safe was the bigger challenge.  since the apache
config structures are shared between threads (assuming read-only).  this
cannot be done with Perl SVs like it was in 1.x.

the implementation is not set in stone, so feel free to suggest how things
should behave (e.g. the @APACHE_MODULE_COMMANDS global).  should be easy
to make adjustments at this point.

Re: directive handler support

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Doug MacEachern wrote:
> > note: cvs doesn't compile without ithreads at the moment.  none of the
> > Perl ptr_table_ api exists without ithreads.  argh.  i have to run, will
> > fix in the morning.
>
> neither it compiles with ithreads perl:

my bad for building with MP_DEBUG=1 instead of MP_MAINTAINER=1

should be ok now.

Re: directive handler support

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Doug MacEachern wrote:
> note: cvs doesn't compile without ithreads at the moment.  none of the
> Perl ptr_table_ api exists without ithreads.  argh.  i have to run, will
> fix in the morning.

neither it compiles with ithreads perl:

cc -I/home/stas/apache.org/mp-temp1/src/modules/perl
-I/home/stas/apache.org/mp-temp1/xs -I/home/stas/httpd/prefork/include
-D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DDEBUGGING -fno-strict-aliasing
-I/usr/include/gdbm
-I/home/stas/perl/ithread/lib/5.8.0/i686-linux-thread-multi/CORE
-DMOD_PERL -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -DAP_DEBUG -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER
-DMP_DEBUG -DMP_TRACE -g -fpic \
-c modperl_module.c && mv modperl_module.o modperl_module.lo
modperl_module.c: In function `modperl_module_cmd_lookup':
modperl_module.c:429: incompatible types in return
modperl_module.c:431: incompatible types in return
modperl_module.c:433: incompatible types in return
modperl_module.c:435: incompatible types in return
modperl_module.c:437: incompatible types in return
modperl_module.c:439: incompatible types in return
modperl_module.c:441: incompatible types in return
modperl_module.c:443: incompatible types in return
modperl_module.c:445: incompatible types in return
modperl_module.c:447: incompatible types in return
modperl_module.c:449: incompatible types in return
modperl_module.c:451: incompatible types in return
modperl_module.c:454: incompatible types in return
modperl_module.c: In function `modperl_module_add_cmds':
modperl_module.c:576: wrong type argument to unary exclamation mark
make: *** [modperl_module.lo] Error 1

Re: directive handler support

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.