Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by moatas <mo...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/05 01:04:19 UTC

1.5 required?

I checked out the latest from trunk and it looks like 1.5 is required since
java.util.concurrent is being used instead of backport.  Is this how it will
be going forward?

Re: 1.5 required?

Posted by moatas <mo...@gmail.com>.
That one and SessionState had the 1.5 versions.  I modified locally and all
looks better.  Also had to change BrokerStoppedException

Re: 1.5 required?

Posted by Sanjiv Jivan <sa...@gmail.com>.
I noticed that the 4.0.1 jar manifest shows that the build was compiled
using JDK 1.5.0_05. Might be safer to compile builds using JDK 1.4.x to
avoid such issues.

Sanjiv

Re: 1.5 required?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Wheh.. thanks for checking!

On 7/5/06, Sanjiv Jivan <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My bad, seems okay with the 4.0.1 release distribution. I tried this first
> and it had a JDK 1.5 dependency :
>

> http://people.apache.org/repository/incubator-activemq/jars/activemq-core-4.0.1-20060703.171846.jar
>

> On 7/5/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> >
> > Oh.. the 1.5 dependency snuck into the 4.0.1 release?  If that's the
> case,
> > think we should release the 4.0.2 as soon as possible.
> >
> > Any Objections?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Hiram
> >

> > On 7/5/06, Sanjiv Jivan <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Can the current 4.0.1 release be replaced with a 4.0.1 jar which is
> > > JDK 1.4compatible? Or is there somewhere I can get the
> > > 4.0.x build which is JDK 1.4 compatible?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Sanjiv

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Hiram
> >
> > Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: 1.5 required?

Posted by Sanjiv Jivan <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.5 required?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Oh.. the 1.5 dependency snuck into the 4.0.1 release?  If that's the case, I
think we should release the 4.0.2 as soon as possible.

Any Objections?

Regards,
Hiram

On 7/5/06, Sanjiv Jivan <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can the current 4.0.1 release be replaced with a 4.0.1 jar which is
> JDK 1.4compatible? Or is there somewhere I can get the
> 4.0.x build which is JDK 1.4 compatible?
>
> Thanks,
> Sanjiv
>

> On 7/5/06, Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> wrote:
> >
> > Opps.  That's my fault.  I'ved fixed those now.
> >
> > On 7/4/06, moatas <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > org.apache.activemq.state.ConnectionState is the first I ran into.
> > > --
> > > Sent from the ActiveMQ - User forum at Nabble.com.
> > >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Hiram
> >
> > Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: 1.5 required?

Posted by Sanjiv Jivan <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.5 required?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.

Re: 1.5 required?

Posted by moatas <mo...@gmail.com>.
org.apache.activemq.state.ConnectionState is the first I ran into.

Re: 1.5 required?

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
Hi,

I don't know of any move to be not 1.4 compatible. Afaik, other than a
couple of maven plugins, AMQ should be 1.4 compatible. Which files are
you pertaining to?

Regards,
Adrian Co