Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> on 2010/01/29 17:37:13 UTC

Domain mappings are not updated

Our project is stuck with old versions of some Sling bundles for the
time being, not having the nerve to update them just weeks before our
release.

We just discovered that domain mappings are not being picked up, that
is, a restart is required before any changes under /etc/map are being
recognized by JcrResourceResolver.
To reproduce:
1. Go to http://localhost:8080/system/console/jcrresolver, and take
note of the mapping entries
2. Post a new node to /etc/map/http/domain.com, with a property
sling:internalRedirect=/node
3. Refresh http://localhost:8080/system/console/jcrresolver
Expected result:
- The list of map entries includes an entry for domain.com => /node
Actual result:
- The list of map entries has not changed

After restarting Sling, the new entry appears on the list. Debugging
shows that the o.a.s.j.r.internal.helper.MapEntries IS registered as
an eventlistener, but its onEvent method is never called.

This issue is however NOT visible in the latest trunk build. I have
searched both the Sling and Jackrabbit JIRAs, but I cannot find a
matching bug report.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Has anyone fixed a bug fitting this
description?
Any suggestions on what might be wrong is also most welcome.

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Sommerrogata 13-15, N-0255 Oslo, Norway

Re: Domain mappings are not updated

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> wrote:
> [...]
> We just discovered that domain mappings are not being picked up, that
> is, a restart is required before any changes under /etc/map are being
> recognized by JcrResourceResolver.
> [...]

Ah, never mind. I see now that the error appears as soon as we deploy
our bundles, even on a fresh Sling build. So I'll have to dig down
into my own code.