Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2003/06/06 15:18:47 UTC

[math] Commons Proper (was: Re: [VOTE] New Commiter Phil Steitz)

Thanks Tetsuya,

I suspect this would be the path to be taken in the near future.

I think we are getting close, Robert is right, "patience", we will get
there. But, being mathematicians tend to be perfectionists, I'm not sure
all of us feel [math] is ready for Commons proper just yet. I'm sure
others have varying opinions on the matter. All good statisticians
recognize variability exists in all populations ;-)

-Mark

Re: [math] Commons Proper

Posted by Tetsuya Kitahata <te...@apache.org>.
Mark,

On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 09:18:47 -0400
(Subject: [math] Commons Proper (was: Re: [VOTE] New Commiter Phil Steitz))
"Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> wrote:

> I suspect this would be the path to be taken in the near future.

Yeah, sooner or later things will all come right , I believe.
Furthermore, (this is just my premonition in good meanings)
I think [math]-developers' ml will be seperated from the commons-dev,
like commons-httpclient-dev in the near future.

> I think we are getting close, Robert is right, "patience", we will get
> there. But, being mathematicians tend to be perfectionists, I'm not sure
> all of us feel [math] is ready for Commons proper just yet. I'm sure
> others have varying opinions on the matter.

O.K. Hope to be promoted soon.
(before the half of the commons-dev subscribers would be fed up with
 [math], [math], [math] ... mails  ;-)

> All good statisticians recognize variability exists in all populations
> ;-)

I majored in Law in my college days, so I am not a statistician maybe ;-),
but what you said is very understandable.

Statistics will show that the developers, engineers are tend to
be interested and have much concerns in mathematical issues,
in general ;-) ..
# Therefore, this means that the [math] projects will attracts engineers
# and developers more.

Hope to continue to produce good products and to hurry up preparing
the release.

Sincerely,

Tetsuya

Re: [math] Commons Proper

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> Yes, is it possible someone can "rank" the task list, this way I can
> possibly start to focus some of my own dev on some more neccessary tasks?

I will post a proposed ranking later today, as well as a *proposal* for
scope of initial release.

Phil

Re: [math] Commons Proper

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Re: [math] Commons Proper (was: Re: [VOTE] New Commiter Phil Steitz)

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.

Re: [math] Commons Proper

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
I'm starting to use it in my sourceforge project
(http://repast-jellytag.sourceforge.net) for gathering descriptive stats
on simulations. That makes me a user.

I'm also planning a small jelly taglibrary to expose some interesting
capabilities for stats in Jelly.

-Mark