Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com> on 2005/12/01 18:27:55 UTC

RE: Tacos ProgressBar

I am looking for more of a Splash Screen than a Progress bar, is there one available?

thanks,

Mark

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I think building a splash screen would be incredibly trivial, but I don't
know whereabouts in tacos it would belong. Felix just added a "FloatingPane"
component recently, which is basically what you are asking for, he also
wants to apply a patch to tacos that can randomly pop-open a FloatingPane
window on the page with an ajax response, kind of like he does when we get
server exceptions.

Either way, we're using dojo for this, which makes it the easiest thing in
the world  :) Here are a couple samples (not necessarily splash screens, but
take out the content and replace it with only an image and you've got splash
:) ) (Please keep in mind that these pages are running off of raw javascript
sources, and not the "compiled" version that would be used in a standard
dojo install)

http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_FloatingPane.html
http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_FloatingPane_2.html

Everything on these windows is controllable via css attributes.

There's also the dialog widget, which tacos also has a component counterpart
for:

http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/widget/test_Dialog.html

Of course none of these support the kind of progress indicator + splash that
I think you want. I think the current progress bar in tacos is "sort of
nice" but also sort of a piece of crap....I plan on re-writing it at some
point, but this isn't slated for development until a few other things are
done. I'd be happy to work with someone on doing it. ?..

jesse