Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by Zhao Chun <zh...@apache.org> on 2020/04/27 06:38:25 UTC

[DISCUSS] Refactor Doris documentation

Hi, all

Both in terms of content completion, and organization, Doris' documentation
is not very professional. It is difficult for the user to find the content
he is looking for. In order to make it easier for users to find what they
are looking for, we are going to take some effort to reorganize the Doris
website and documentation.
The main points of improvement include the following
1. Support for a new official website structure that allows users to access
different versions of Doris documentation
2. reorganize the Doris documentation to make it easier for users to find
help
3. Develop Doris documentation specifications, and when new features are
incorporated later, strictly require documentation specifications and
content to maintain documentation quality.
4. Improve the content of the document and add what is missing

I'll do a few things later.
1. create a project in GitHub and place all relevant issues under the
corresponding project. The name of the project can be called: Document
Refactor
2. try to propose a new document structure and create a new Thread in the
mail group to discuss it.
3. try to propose a first version of the document specification and create
a new Thread in the mail group to discuss it.
4. Continuous improvement of the entire Doris file content after the new
website is integrated into the backbone.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks,
Zhao Chun

Re: [DISCUSS] Refactor Doris documentation

Posted by Zhao Chun <zh...@apache.org>.
Inlined

陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> 于2020年4月27日周一 下午5:28写道:

> Great!
>

> I suggest to keep a direct link to the github document,
> so that users can easily modify the document directly through the github
> web page to enhance user participation.

No problem. We can put a "edit" button to jump to the edit page of GitHub.

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
Great!