Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Ivan Serdyuk <lo...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/23 03:55:51 UTC

Re: Building demos for integrating Apache Nifi Minifi CPP and UI toolkits

Hi.

Reanimating our previous discussion.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 3:26 AM Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not aware of any specific work done for CPP in this fashion.  Could you
> provide more details on the functionality you are suggesting?  Is this
> providing analogous functionality of NiFi's interface for MiNiFi?

Yes, probably. Since any real-world business intelligence assumes that
human-to-machine interaction assume proper limitations on visibility,
accessibility of UI controls (input and output controls, at least) - it
would make sense to give MiNiFi control on computational capabilities, for
the widgets, to avoid computing and exclude unnecessarily re-drawing (if
there wouldn't be a predicted need in transferring ingested data chunks
into NiFi, use any NiFi's processors on the server).
More ordinary and predicted options, combined with the above ones, if about
so-called validation of the use input (internal capabilities of the UI
toolkit, like QT/FLTK/... could be used) - but auto-generated input would
always suggest providing dedicated controls, not the average text box. So I
am assuming that is guaranteed, in such a way.
Advanced options have sense for reflecting some text, graphics (vector,
raster) at specific widgets - and tracking of end-users acknowledgement (UX
features) would be a good matter of the data stream.
Some controls would assume clicking, touching something - that could be a
good option for even driven messaging.

Ivan

https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/fltkgeneral/AJjHk9IpoNQ/Rdwk86lBBQAJ