Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Xikui Wang <xi...@uci.edu> on 2017/10/21 16:36:58 UTC

Support for user-defined-function on feeds

Hi Devs,

With the merge of the patch in [1], we no longer support attaching AQL
user-defined-function to feed. AsterixDB now returns an "incompatible
function language" exception for this case.

Meanwhile, we start to support adding SQLPP user-defined-function to feed.
If you encounter any problems with using it, please file an issue and let
me know. Thanks.

[1] https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/2059/

Best,
Xikui

Re: Support for user-defined-function on feeds

Posted by Mike Carey <dt...@gmail.com>.
Presumably we should document its limitations, e.g., the SQL++ function
bodies (like the AQL ones before) used on feeds should not involve joins
or time-varying functions like current date/time, etc.