Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com> on 1999/05/18 07:38:44 UTC

mod_rewrite doesn't compile on Red Hat 6.0

mod_rewrite assumes that the presence of the ndbm library in the
standard path implies the presence of ndbm.h in the standard path.
This isn't the case on Red Hat 6, though. libndbm.{so,a} symlinks sit
in /usr/lib, but ndbm.h is hidden away in /usr/include/db1.

So, Configure will find libndbm. mod_rewrite keeps NO_DBM_REWRITEMAP
undefined, which triggers an attempt to include ndbm.h, falling flat
on its face.

I haven't looked into the proper way to fix this, yet. Red Hat, in
their RPM, fixes it by taking out the check for ndbm from
src/helpers/find-dbm-lib. In my own compiles, I added
INCLUDES="-I/usr/include/db1", but I haven't tested whether RewriteMap
functionality still works or not.

"'Why do you blow on people?' I don't know." -- Benny Hinn

Re: mod_rewrite doesn't compile on Red Hat 6.0

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
What a bunch of crap.

Yet another bloody db special case.

Let's just ship our own dbm library and fuck the system stuff.

Dean