Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net> on 2000/09/26 23:15:28 UTC

[PROPOSAL] New JSP tag library datetime

I haven't noticed any tag libraries for doing DateTime formatting of
a long timestamp, creating a Date from form input, etc.

The proposal is to create a datetime JSP tag library that implements
date/time formatting, creation of Date from input, current time,
time comparisons, etc.

If this proposal is approved, suggestions for implementing the
tag set would be welcome.

Regards,

Glenn

Re: [PROPOSAL] New JSP tag library datetime

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.

Posted by Eduardo Pelegri--Llopart <Ed...@eng.sun.com>.
Hi Mike.

By design, taglibs is a "collection" of tag libraries.  That should make
it very easy (technically and socially) to bring up new tag libraries to
the project.  The drawback of the organization is how to arrange for
synergy/integration/mergin among the different subprojects.  I hope some
of that will happen within subprojects and that some more will happen as
functionality moves into the standard tag library (JSR052).

A more clear view of the different projects, as Justyna is doing, should
facilitate locating who is driving what subproject.

	- eduard/o