Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/02/23 08:50:09 UTC

Re: oozie not running

Moving user@hive to bcc and adding user@oozie
Hi Rahul,Did you include the correct hadoop jars into oozie.war file? Most possibly you didn't include the correct hadoop jars?Can you please check webapps/oozie/WEB-INF/lib directory for all hadoop jars. If possible include the output of "ls hadoop*,jar" from that directory. Regards,Mohammad

     On Sunday, February 22, 2015 2:45 PM, Rahul Channe <dr...@googlemail.com> wrote:

 Hi Biswajit,

The catalina.out displays following exception but unable to dig further

Feb 21, 2015 12:46:56 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path:
Feb 21, 2015 12:46:56 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-11000
Feb 21, 2015 12:46:56 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 623 ms
Feb 21, 2015 12:46:56 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
Feb 21, 2015 12:46:56 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.41
Feb 21, 2015 12:46:56 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDescriptor
INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor oozie.xml

ERROR: Oozie could not be started

REASON: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/util/ReflectionUtils

Stacktrace:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/util/ReflectionUtils
    at org.apache.oozie.service.Services.setServiceInternal(Services.java:374)
    at org.apache.oozie.service.Services.<init>(Services.java:110)
    at org.apache.oozie.servlet.ServicesLoader.contextInitialized(ServicesLoader.java:44)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4210)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4709)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:799)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:779)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:583)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:675)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:601)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:502)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1317)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:324)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:142)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1065)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:822)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1057)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:463)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:525)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:754)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:595)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:289)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:414)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1680)
    at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1526)

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 8:00 AM, Biswajit Nayak <bi...@inmobi.com> wrote:

could you check the oozie.log and catalina.out log file. It will give you an idea what is wrong.
~Biswa

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 1:22 PM, Rahul Channe <dr...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I configured the oozie build successfully and prepared oozie war file.
After starting oozie when i tried to checkstatus its giving following error

user@ubuntuvm:~/oozie-4.1.0/distro/target/oozie-4.1.0-distro/oozie-4.1.0$ bin/oozie admin -oozie http://localhost:11000/oozie -statusConnection exception has occurred [ java.net.ConnectException Connection refused ]. Trying after 1 sec. Retry count = 1
Connection exception has occurred [ java.net.ConnectException Connection refused ]. Trying after 2 sec. Retry count = 2
^Cuser@ubuntuvm:~/oozie-4.1.0/distro/target/oozie-4.1.0-distro/oozie-4.1.0$

Any help on this

_____________________________________________________________The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your system. The firm is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.

Re: oozie not running

Posted by Rahul Channe <dr...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Biswajit/Mohammad,

I am able to run oozie, the hadoop jars were missing during the prepare-war
step.

Thank you for your pointers.

Regards,
Rahul

Re: oozie not running

Posted by Rahul Channe <dr...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Biswajit/Mohammad,

Re: oozie not running

Posted by Biswajit Nayak <bi...@inmobi.com>.

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 7:00 PM, Rahul Channe <dr...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>> ^Cuser@ubuntuvm:~/oozie-4.1.0/distro/target/oozie-4.1.0-distro/oozie-4.1.0$
>>

>> Any help on this

>> The information contained in this communication is intended solely for
>> the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
>> authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged
>> information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
>> that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance
>> on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
>> unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
>> us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your
>> system. The firm is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission
>> of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its

receipt.

Re: oozie not running

Posted by Biswajit Nayak <bi...@inmobi.com>.

wrote:

> [...]
>> ^Cuser@ubuntuvm:~/oozie-4.1.0/distro/target/oozie-4.1.0-distro/oozie-4.1.0$
>>

>> Any help on this

>> The information contained in this communication is intended solely for
>> the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
>> authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged
>> information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
>> that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance
>> on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
>> unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
>> us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your
>> system. The firm is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission
>> of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its

receipt.

Re: oozie not running

Posted by Rahul Channe <dr...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Mohammad,