Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Dennis Clark <dc...@sundell.net> on 2010/05/12 21:59:36 UTC

Strange Ajax problem

Long time lurker, first time writer?

I'm writing a couchapp and I'm trying to use ajax to get a list from my
design document and load it into my page. I get a function_clause error
when I run the list from jquery, but if I try to get the same URL with
curl or just open the link that generates the error in a new browser
window I get exactly what I'm supposed to. Happy to provide more
information if it helps, but is there some kind of known problem that's
causing this behavior that someone can just tell me how to avoid?

Thanks.

Re: Strange Ajax problem

Posted by J Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com>.
On May 12, 2010, at 12:59 PM, Dennis Clark wrote:

> Long time lurker, first time writer?
>
> I'm writing a couchapp and I'm trying to use ajax to get a list from my design document and load it into my page. I get a function_clause error when I run the list from jquery, but if I try to get the same URL with curl or just open the link that generates the error in a new browser window I get exactly what I'm supposed to. Happy to provide more information if it helps, but is there some kind of known problem that's causing this behavior that someone can just tell me how to avoid?

This could be due to a mismatch in the Accept header handling. maybe.

It's worth trying to wrap your list in a

function(req, head) {

provides("html", function() {
  // html handling code here
  while (row = getRow()) { ... blah ... }
});

};
Hope that helps. If it doesn't please provide your version info and a stacktrace so we can help you in more detail.

Thanks,
Chris