Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bill Shirley <bi...@philly.polymerindustries.biz> on 2015/07/22 03:31:57 UTC

Report spam to Razor

I'm looking into modifying my spam processing script so it will report spam to Razor.
 From the Spamassassin Wiki: https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ReportingSpam
I should use:
	spamassassin -r < message.txt
It states "The message will also be submitted to SpamAssassin's learning systems".  Looking
at the parms for spamassassin there is not --dbpath like there is for sa-learn.

Does it in fact train the Bayes DB and if so why is there no way to specify --dbpath ?  I'm
using per user Bayes and have some vmail accounts so the --dbpath is not /home/vmail/.spamassassin

Also 'spamassassin --help' says:
Usage:
     spamassassin [options] [ < *mailmessage* | *path* ... ]

Does that mean I can use a directory: smapassassin -r < /home/bob/Maildir/.Spam/ ?

TIA,
Bill

Re: Report spam to Razor

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 21:31:57 -0400
Bill Shirley wrote:

> I'm looking into modifying my spam processing script so it will
> report spam to Razor. From the Spamassassin Wiki:
> https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ReportingSpam I should use:
> 	spamassassin -r < message.txt
> It states "The message will also be submitted to SpamAssassin's
> learning systems".  Looking at the parms for spamassassin there is
> not --dbpath like there is for sa-learn.
>
> Does it in fact train the Bayes DB and if so why is there no way to
> specify --dbpath ?  I'm using per user Bayes and have some vmail
> accounts so the --dbpath is not /home/vmail/.spamassassin

I'm not sure what you mean by vmail, but if you are using virtual home
directories you can probably work around it by setting HOME.

That's how I use sa-learn, which looks in $HOME/.spamassassin/ rather
than the actual unix home directory. I would expect the spamassassin
script to do the same thing.

Re: Report spam to Razor

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 21.07.15 21:31, Bill Shirley wrote:
>I'm looking into modifying my spam processing script so it will report spam to Razor.

IIRC Razor says it should only be fed up manually (FYI)

>From the Spamassassin Wiki: https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/ReportingSpam
>I should use:
>	spamassassin -r < message.txt
>It states "The message will also be submitted to SpamAssassin's learning systems".  Looking
>at the parms for spamassassin there is not --dbpath like there is for sa-learn.
>Does it in fact train the Bayes DB and if so why is there no way to specify --dbpath ?

that's because spamassassin is not sa-learn. you ev en should have your
db_path in your SA config.

>using per user Bayes and have some vmail accounts so the --dbpath is not /home/vmail/.spamassassin
>
>Also 'spamassassin --help' says:
>Usage:
>    spamassassin [options] [ < *mailmessage* | *path* ... ]
>
>Does that mean I can use a directory: smapassassin -r < /home/bob/Maildir/.Spam/ ?

No: it explicitly says you can only use < with message, you must specify
path without the <.

We are but packets in the Internet of life (userfriendly.org)