Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sam Newman <sa...@stamplets.com> on 2001/04/16 15:53:50 UTC

Apache-SSL or Mod-ssl

I was wondering which is the prefered choice for work with servlets? I am having untold trouble getting Apache-SSL to work (built it, can't view a page without a seg fault). Whilst not a tomcat specific issue Apache-SSL is the mentioned way to get SSL working with tomcat. I've just tried RedHats Stronghold product (try www.c2.net) which gave be an out of the box SSL working Apache server (uses mod_ssl) in under 10 minutes. Getting tomcat to work with it hasn't been a problem either - well, hardly a problem (see my other post). Before I try and get my boss to buy stronghold, are there any issues I should be aware of with using mod_sll as opposed to Apache-SSL?

sam

Re: Apache-SSL or Mod-ssl

Posted by Sam Newman <sa...@stamplets.com>.
Which is exactly what I did this afternoon :-) 3 days last week trying to
get apache-SSL working to no avail (core dump on every connection was the
net result!). Got apache running with mod_ssl in 15 minutes!

Oh well, what doesn't kill me, only makes me really anoyed at wasting 3
days....or summat....

sam