Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/14 08:09:50 UTC

Region Size == Size of Compressed Store file or Actual Size of Data in Store?

Hi All,

In one of my test cluster, i have set region size to 1 GB and I am using
Snappy compression.
The combined size of store files under that table is 50 GB. Then also i see
around 100 regions for that table. I am assuming that the compression ratio
is 50%. So, uncompressed data size will be 100GB.
I would like to know what hbase.hregion.max.filesize property looks at?
Actual size of store file(s) or actual size of data in that region?

I only created 10 presplit region for this table and then i did
bulkloading. Then why am i seeing regions much more than approximately 50.
Is there any other setting i need to look at?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta