Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Lucas F. A. Teixeira" <lu...@accurate.com.br> on 2008/10/13 21:25:20 UTC

Using Solr1.2 to read index generated by Solr 1.3

Is this possible? Thinking in a two-phase migration process, I`d like to
upgrade first my master generation index, and
then after that, I`ll upgrade my index consumer.

Is this possible or I will have any issue? I`m using Embeeded Server and
not HTTP.

Thanks a lot!

[]s,

Lucas

--

Lucas Frare A. Teixeira
lucas.teixeira@accurate.com.br <ma...@accurate.com.br>

Re: Using Solr1.2 to read index generated by Solr 1.3

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
it may be possible.... however, you would need to use 1.2 with the
lucene libraries from 1.3.  The index format has changed, so a newer
index can not be read by an older lucene.

ryan