Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jason Rosenberg <jr...@shopzilla.com> on 2007/10/17 22:07:55 UTC

First redelivery attempt seems to be immediate

I've been experimenting with redelivery, after a message processing failure.

If I set an initialDeliveryDelay, it doesn't seem to apply to the first
redelivery attempt, which appears to consumed immediately after the initial
message processing failure.

Subsequent redeliveries then do seem to honor the delay (and in the case of
exponential backoff, the exponential back off multiplier starts after the
second redelivery)....

I'm using AMQ 4.1.1.

I'm just wondering if this the correct behavior.  It seems to me that the
initial delay should take effect with the first-redelivery attempt.

Jason