Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Larry <la...@lroot.com> on 2009/11/03 18:22:07 UTC

Best way to upgrade from 0.9.1 to 0.10.0

Assuming I have the breaking
changes<http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Breaking_changes>handled in my
app, when I upgrade the actual server to 0.10.0 can I just run
the configure, make & make install right on top of the current 0.9.1
install? Should I preform some sort of uninstall first?

Thanks

larry

Re: Best way to upgrade from 0.9.1 to 0.10.0

Posted by Larry <la...@gmail.com>.
Great, Thanks for the tip.

Also for anyone else out there that may be upgrading, I am running Debian 5
(lenny) and the latest Erlang package will not work with 0.10.0 so you need
to build it from source (erlang.org). Things went smoothly for my by doing:

   1. remove $PREFIX/lib/couchdb (for me /usr/local/lib/couchdb/)
   2. apt-get build-dep couchdb erlang
   3. Erlang: download, unpack, configure, make && make install
   4. CouchDB: download, unpack, configure, make && make install

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
Larry,