Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org> on 2022/11/09 02:33:26 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.27.0

I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.27.0 release.

New and noteworthy items in 2.27.0:

 - Fix for CVE-2022-42889 (Apache Commons Text vulnerability)
 - Logging implementation moved to Apache Log4j 2 (internally using SLF4J)
 - New upgrade command to help users migrate from previous versions

The release notes can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12352246

Ths git commit report is here:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.27.0

Source and binary distributions can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.27.0/

The Maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1265

In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

The source tag:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.27.0

I will update the website after the vote has passed.

[ ] +1 approve this release
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my +1

Justin

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.27.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 9 Nov 2022 at 02:33, Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org> wrote:

> I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.27.0 release.
>
> New and noteworthy items in 2.27.0:
>
>  - Fix for CVE-2022-42889 (Apache Commons Text vulnerability)
>  - Logging implementation moved to Apache Log4j 2 (internally using SLF4J)
>  - New upgrade command to help users migrate from previous versions
>
> The release notes can be found here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12352246
>
> Ths git commit report is here:
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/download/commit-report-2.27.0
>
> Source and binary distributions can be found here:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq-artemis/2.27.0/
>
> The Maven repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1265
>
> In case you want to give it a try with the maven repo on examples:
> https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>
> The source tag:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/2.27.0
>
> I will update the website after the vote has passed.
>

> [ ] +1 approve this release
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Here's my +1
>

> Justin

+1

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
- Checked licence headers in the source archive by running:
  "mvn apache-rat:check"
- Ran the new "artemis upgrade <instance>" from the 2.27.0 binary against a
  standard broker instance created using the 2.26.0 binary archive, upgrading
  it to be a 2.27.0 instance instead, started it and ran the Qpid JMS 2.1.0
  HelloWorld example against it.
- Ran the Qpid JMS 2.1.0 HelloWorld against a 2.27.0 broker instance that
  was created using the 2.27.0 binary archive originally.
- Ran the source build and the AMQP integration tests on JDK 11 with:
  "mvn clean install -DskipTests && cd tests/integration-tests/ && mvn
-Ptests -Dtest=org.apache.activemq.artemis.tests.integration.amqp.**
test"

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.27.0

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

thanks for doing the release Justin

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ Artemis 2.27.0

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Regards